Fertility is not as easy and straightforward as it might seem. Sometimes it is very difficult to get pregnant the natural way, even if both partners are healthy and in good shape. The ability to conceive depends on many things happening in the right time and in the correct sequence, and there are natural strategies that can be done to help these things happen naturally and when they should.
Start at the Beginning
Before attempting to get pregnant naturally, good health is important. Make time to see your doctor for a checkup. Eating right, exercising and maintaining a healthy weight are all essential. One overlooked contributor to infertility is stress, so try to reduce it in your life. If you get obsessed with getting pregnant you will be stressed and your chances to conceive will be significantly reduced.
Along with overall healthy eating, there are a few vitamins and supplements that can be added to the diet to help with getting pregnant naturally.
- It is well known that folic acid is necessary to help prevent birth defects, but it is also important in fertility, in both men and women.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 are essential for reproductive health.
- Vitamin C will help male reproduction, especially in men who smoke.
- Zinc helps women use their progesterone more efficiently.
- Vitamin E and other antioxidants are particularly beneficial when couples are actively trying to conceive.
- Dong Quay is a natural herb that has been shown to aid in fertility and menstrual problems.
- Chasteberry is a herb that stimulates the pituitary gland. The pituitary regulates hormone production and release.
Certain times during a woman’s menstrual cycle, she is more likely to conceive than others, and there are ways to monitor and identify these times. Basal body temperature, cervical mucus and tracking periods are all ways to maximize the chances of getting pregnant naturally. Fertility monitors are also available.
A key factor in conceiving is depositing the sperm as closely to the cervix as possible, and there are certain positions that achieve this better than others. Avoid sex when standing or sitting up. Another method used is elevating the woman’s hips following intercourse, for 10-15 minutes.
Getting pregnant naturally is not always easy and might take a little extra work. It is important for the health of each partner and their marriage to keep a positive attitude, reduce stress, and don’t let it overtake everything.